The Parish of the Church of the Annunciation, Rathfarnham is seeking a part time Parish Sacramental Coordinator commencing 1 September 2023 until 30 June 2024. Some weekend and after-hours work will be required. Flexibility exists for the successful applicant to negotiate working days and times.
The Sacramental Coordinator provides services in the form of organising, coordinating, and managing the First Communion and Confirmation Parish Sacramental Programmes in the Parish and the Family Mass.
Developing the faith of families, it is an integral part of our parish.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Have a commitment to personal faith development.
- Prepare liturgical celebrations for the sacraments, in conjunction with the Liturgy Committee & Parish Team.
- Be a good communicator and facilitator.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively with parents, schoolteachers and other parish team members.
- Support and respect the teachings of the Church and the ethos of the parish and Diocese.
- Uncover and implement new ways to grow the faith in families through the Sacraments.
- A knowledge of pastoral or Sacramental theology.
Ideally also the person should have some experience in youth work and Safeguarding Training.
Renumeration to be negotiated.
If you require more information or want to express an interest in the role, please contact Fr. Martin Cosgrove by phone (01- 495 4554) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date for applications is Monday 24th of July.