The ultimate responsibility for the financial administration of the parish lies with the Parish Priest. In Rathfarnham, a Finance Committee was established in 2012 to provide financial and general business advice to the Parish Priest. The membership of the Parish Finance Committee includes Fr Martin and five parishioners from a range of professional backgrounds. The Chairperson, who has experience in financial and business matters was appointed by Fr Martin. Appointments to the Finance Committee are for a three-year term and no person can remain on the Finance Committee for more than two consecutive terms.
The key advisory roles of the committee are:
- The maintenance of proper books of account and implementation of effective financial and internal controls.
- The preparation of annual statements of Receipts and Payments.
- The preparation of an annual parish budget.
- The appointment of a Financial Accountant to compile the Statement of Receipts and Payments for subsequent consolidation by the diocese.
- Fund-raising policy in consultation with the recently established Fund Raising Committee.
- Maintenance of parish property and ensuring appropriate insurance arrangements are in place.
The committee can be contacted through the Parish Office either by telephone 01 495 8695 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The fundraising Committee was set up in 2013 by the parish team on the advice of the Finance Committee, to implement a number of initiatives to raise the funds necessary to support the finances for the extensive refurbishment of the church.
This will involve the committee carrying out a number of events, on a varying scale, with the dual purpose both of raising the funds necessary to meet our additional financial commitments while also encouraging active participation amongst a wide range of parishioners. Fundraising is not only about money but plays an important role in creating a cohesive parish community where a sense of belonging, social relationships and mutual support for each other and families can develop.
The membership of the Fundraising Committee includes Fr. Martin P.P and a number of parishioners with experience in fundraising, marketing and advertising.
Further details in relation to the activities of the Fundraising Committee will be made available in the New Year. The fundraising committee can be contacted through the parish office 01 495 8695 or email email@example.com