Join the Finance Committee:
Help our church remain financially strong, enabling us to continue spreading the Gospel message within our sacred walls.”
Description of Finance Committee Activity
The Parish Finance Committee (PFC) is an advisory committee established and appointed by the Parish Priest. The PFC provides financial analysis, advice, oversight, and stewardship of the parish finances. The membership of the PFC includes the priests of the parish (permanent members) and five other members appointed by the Parish Priest.
The PFC members currently serving are:
- Fr Martin Cosgrove
- Fr Michael Coady
- David Gilligan
- Michael Keegan Chair
- Teresa McCluskey
- Liam O’Shea
- Maurice Priestley
The key advisory roles of the PFC are:
- Maintenance of proper books of account and implementation of effective financial and internal controls.
- Preparation of annual income and expenditure statements
- Recommendation of the annual financial statements to the Parish Priest
- Preparation of an annual parish budget.
- Review of parish accounts at least quarterly including performance against budget
- Monitoring income and expenditure trends and recommending actions as required to ensure parish financial viability
- Setting fundraising targets
- Management of parish property assets including disposals, acquisitions, and refurbishments.
- Provision and review of insurance cover
- Financing arrangements for new projects as required (building and otherwise)
- Oversight of Fundraising Committee and Maintenance Committee
Appointments to the PFC are for a three-year term and no person can be a memberfor more than two consecutive terms. In planning for rotation of committee members we would welcome expressions of interest from those with relevant business and financial experience to join our committees.
Wish to volunteer for this Ministry?
If you are interested in volunteering for this ministry, please contact Jason at the Parish Office on 01-4958695 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.